- About us
- Contact us
- News & media
SEM AB is a world-leading producer of electronic ignition systems for natural gas and hand-held engines. In addition, we produce injector stators for diesel engines and linear positions sensors for transmissions. We offers products and systems that improve the engine performance and lower fuel consumption while reducing harmful emissions, respecting nature and saving our environment. SEM was founded in 1915 and has its headquarters in Sweden. Today, we have a turnover of USD 45 million with about 240 employees, divided in two production sites in Sweden and China.
An excellent opportunity for a driven self-starter who is ready to take on a challenge in a world leading company.
We are looking for a street-smart and customer-oriented person with a can-do attitude who is ready to take on a new challenge for a world-leading company in the production of electronic ignition systems for natural gas, injector stators for Euro 6 diesel engines and linear positions sensors for transmissions. This role is key to the expansion on the American market, and will report directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing in Sweden.
This person is given the opportunity to serve and grow well-established customers on the North American market, as well as, to develop and manage new accounts. In this position, you will play an important key role for the company by creating new business opportunities and developing them into strong long-term relationships which positively impact revenue, profitability, and market share.
The position requires domestic (approximately 40%) and minimal international traveling (mainly to Sweden HQ a couple of times per year).
• Expand the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing products and solutions that meet their objectives.
• Acquire a good understanding of key customer needs and requirements.
• Develop and implement effective sales strategies to develop new markets and new customer base.
• Develop trust relationships with new key customers to ensure they do not turn to competition.
• Follow-up and ensure that products and projects are delivered to customers in a timely manner.
• Serve as the link of communication between customers and internal teams.
• Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and deal with complaints to maintain trust.
• Generate new sales with existing and new customers that will turn into long-lasting relationships.
• Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal teams.
• Bachelor's degree or higher (preferably in engineering).
• Strong knowledge of the automotive industry more specifically commercial vehicles.
• Knowledge of natural gas engines is a plus.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Understanding of business and how to make deals.
• Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills.
• Committed, goal and service oriented with a positive can-do attitude.
• Work comfortably in a fast-paced and highly competitive business environment.
• Be flexible and adaptable to changes.
• Demonstrate composure under stress and uncertainty.